top of page


UK Versity does not provide accommodation but will refer students and agents to student accommodation and letting agents. The students who are coming to study under the Student Visitor Visa will need to find accommodation themselves.  The accommodation options include

• Single Room
• Shared Accommodation in a Privately rented house

Single Room

A single-room option is semi-furnished. The room will have a bed, a mattress, and, in some cases, a wardrobe. The student will rent £450–£500 per calendar month. The accommodation will sometimes include bills and Wi-Fi but will vary by property and landlord. The student is required to bring their sheets and linens. The rent of the single room with an ensuite is the higher option, at £500 to £550.
Contact: Montgomery House – this is the largest student accommodation facility in Manchester. It centrally located and 2 miles from College. £450 per room, Including wifi, gas, electric, and 24×7 security and access.

Shared Accommodation in a Privately rented house

The student will live with other students in a 3- or 4-bedroom house. Each student will have their room and common shared areas like the living room, kitchen, and bathroom. One of the students will be the lead tenant, and the bills for gas, electricity, water etc, will have to be shared and paid by the occupants living at the property. The meters in these properties are Paye as you go (PAYG). The rental of the properties can vary between £1050 to £1350. If four students stay in the property, then the rental can be shared, and generally, it tends to be £350 to £400 without bills. The student is required to bring their sheets and linen. Scroll down to check how the shared accommodation may look for idea purposes.

General Terms and Conditions

  1. The rooms and shared room options are available on a first-in-first option basis, so the properties can be rented out if the deposit is not paid immediately.

  2. In the UK, short-term tenancies are for a minimum of 6 months.

  3. The landlords also require one monthly deposit for rental, which is refundable at the end of the tenancy. If they stay in shared accommodation, the students must pay the deposit.

  4. A deposit may or may not be required in single-room occupancy accommodation. However, there is a 1-month notice required by most landlords if you plan to vacate the single rooms.

  5. The College does not provide accommodation but has two vetted letting agents who facilitate the room and requirements subject to the deposit being received one week in advance.

  6. Most student properties are unfurnished and, in most cases, semi-furnished.

  7. More information can be provided on request.

What can I expect in my room? – Our students can expect the following within their rooms:

  • A bed and storage space such as a wardrobe and/or chest of drawers.

  • There will also be either a desk in the room or somewhere quiet in the house where you can study.

  • Students will be provided with their keys.

  • Some landlords provide free wi-fi

  • some properties and charges per calendar month (PCM) can come with included bills for Gas, Electric etc

Images of Shared Accommodation Images

One bedroom suite in student accommodation
One bed student accommodation
One bedroom suite in student accommodation
Double bed, furniture for student accommodation
furniture in student accommodation
furniture for student accommodation
bottom of page